domingo, 10 de abril de 2016

Travelling to Amsterdam


It was seven o'clock in the morning when we took off from our home headed to Lisbon Airport. Destination: Amsterdam! We were going on a friends trip. No parents to alert you for "the dangers of the world" while travelling. Of course, you have to be careful, but do you really need to be alerted every five minutes?

I had been packing for hours. So many things to carry with me: clothes, eletronic devices, books, everything. I felt like a turtle with my home on my back. With all this in my backpack and my group of friends waiting, ready to embrace the adventure of being alone in an unknown country. The flight was the most boring part. All of us had been in a plane before and nothing was new.

Once on land, one thing stood out. There were bikes everywhere. Small and enormous ones, vintage and futuristic, for young and old people. Besides that, we visited many places. We went to Het Museumplein, which is a plaza that houses many museums like the Van Gogh Museum. It is the plaza with the "I amsterdam" in red and white sculpture. I also enjoyed myself on a little boat at the channel tour we made. It was awesome! The people seemed very nice to us but I felt like a parasite among them. I thought I was taking their space away. However, that didn't stopped us from having fun together. I had much fun too, running around from one place to another always with a camera to record every moment.

I have to say this trip was one of the best holidays I have ever had. I felt great in every single moment of our journey. All the hard work to make some funds to get to The Netherlands had been paid off. On the other hand, I would have liked to be more than five days in Amsterdam. I had thought I was going to do so many things and I ended up doing not even half of them.
Daniel Barreto
nº 7
11º C

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário