sexta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2016

Another MEMORABLE JOURNEY, by Mafalda Pereira, nº 17, 11º C



Three years ago, in the Summer holidays, my best friend, her parents and I went to Sintra to get to the top of Serra de Sintra.
I was very excited, because I had just read a lot of ghost stories that happened in different spots on the hill and I have always been a fanatic and a believer of this parallel spiritual universe.
Even though I was very excited and thrilled for going on this adventure with my best friend, I was also apprehensive since I was never an athletic person at all and I get out of breath very easily.
So, I needed to go well prepared and started filling my backpack with snacks, water, clothes for a hot day as well as a coat in case it rained, a very comfortable pair of sneakers and a camera to film the whole thing.
The day came and we woke up very early and went on our way. In the car ride to the hill, I told my friend all the stories I'd read and quickly we started to see that trip as a ghost hunt, which sounds really stupid now, but we were young and impressionable and we wanted to find out the truth for ourselves.
We got there, parked the car and followed some visible tracks that led to the top. I remember feeling really at peace with myself because of the fact that we were  surrounded by Nature: the fresh smell of the trees, all the green contrasting with the clear blue sky and the only sound remaining was the wind passing through the leafs creating a beautiful scenery that I have never forgotten. I filmed most of the journey and seeing the footage now I can still relive all the happy and funny moments.
It wasn't as hard to reach the top of the hill as I thought it would be, most of all because I had great company that made the way so much fun and effortless. Half way through we even completely forgot about the "ghost hunt", we were just so amazed with the ambience itself, we were just enjoying that time together. And in the end it was all worth it just to see that amazing view at the top joined with a great feeling of completion. I was very proud of myself.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário